However, sometimes, the notifications can be annoying as they comes in too many especially those irrelevant notifications from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more annoyingly those from marketing firms with short codes. So most of us usually swipe the notification bar to remove all the notifications easily but sometimes, you might mistakenly remove an important notification and wish to get it back.
So I will show you how to recover a lost notification you mistakenly remove from your Android device. The trick is this, the lost notification is secretly stored in one area on your phone and you won't even know unless you are a geek. In some phones, you need to unlock developers mode in order to access this hidden place.
HOW CAN I UNLOCK DEVELOPERS MODE?
To unlock the developers mode on your Android, go to Settings and scroll down to About Phone, then tap "baseband version" continuously for seven times and you will be welcomed as a developer. (it also adds a new section in your Settings menu). Meanwhile, if you have already activated developers mode, follow me along below as I show you how to get back the lost notification.
STEPS TO RECOVER LOST NOTIFICATIONS ON ANDROID DEVICES
1. Long-tap an empty space on your Android home screen then tap Widgets.
2. Swipe left or scroll down the widget menu until you get to the Settings shortcut widget.
3. Long-tap the widget until your home screens appear, then drag it to a home screen of your choice.
4. In the Settings shortcut menu that appears, scroll down and tap Notification log.
5. A Notification log shortcut will appear on your home screen. Just tap this, and you’ll have access to your notification history.
SEE ALSO... How To Use 'Do Not Disturb' Feature On Android Devices
Immediately you found yourself in the notification log, you'll see active notifications in white and notifications that you closed in gray. So to view those removed notifications, just tap on the gray area and you are good to go.
Did you enjoy this tip? Okay, keep checking on wizytechs.com for latest phone tricks and tips. Kindly share with your friends on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter etc.